October 21, 2009

I'm Curious....

What time do you eat dinner?

Frequently, I find that Peter and I are eating dinner at 9:15, 9:45 and even after 10:00. It isn't intentional, we just don't let dinner get in the way of our other plans. When Peter gets home from work we treasure the precious daylight to walk the dogs or go for a run. Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday nights we have standing plans that begin at 6:00 or 7:00 and don't end until after 8:00 or 9:00. The time required to make a healthy meal is often what sets us up for late night eating. Currently, I am waiting for our chicken to cook; our veggies are done, but the chicken needs another 15 minutes. Looks like we're headed for our third dinner this week after 10:00.

So again I ask, what time do you eat dinner? Feel free to post answers below.

2 comments:

  1. Loved this post, because y'all sound like us. Glad to know we aren't the only ones who find ourselves with no time left at the end of the day. Although, we haven't eaten as late as 10 (yet)...9 sounds familiar.

    There are not enough hours in the day to do everything. Even on the nights that we have "free" of our other obligations...finding time after work to run a couple of errands (before everything closes), work out, walk the pup, do a load of laundry...and get dinner going......too much to do in a litle time.

    If you find a solution, tell me.
    Christina L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you probably already know my answer to this this question, but I am going to answer anyway. :) I eat EARLY! I tend to eat between 5-6pm.

    Since I have always struggled with my weight I find that if I put dinner off too late I end up snack way too much. If I eat dinner earlier then I don't snack near as much. But at the same time I don't stay up near as late as you and CLL. I'm usually headed to bed about the time yall are sitting down to dinner. :)

    But everyone is different and I have no social life! HAHAHA
    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete