June 17, 2010

A Dining Room Improvement

When we first moved into our lovely home the contractor beige walls were accented by a contractor chandelier in the dining room. Quickly, we painted and started looking for a replacement lamp. My abhorrence for the chandelier was well known, so two Christmases ago we were given a new, quite modern, IKEA light. I liked it. I didn't love it. But, compared to the original, it was a very suitable alternative. Many people loved the IKEA light. In fact, quite a few people asked for it when we took it down. Which we did. Last week. Now, in it's place is the beautiful pendant lamp I had been hoping for. I just love it! Of course, in my quest to unify and define our style I've moved some things around and starting planning my next move: new dining room chairs and curtains.

2 comments:

  1. looks great!!! you should be a decorator/organizer! miss you guys so much!

    ReplyDelete