December 14, 2010

I Blog.

The reason I blog is pretty simple: many of our friends and all of our family do not live in Tennessee I'm looking at you West Coast and Germany. My hope is that through this blog I can chronicle events in our lives and keep everyone up to date. Of course, when there are lots of events sometimes I don't have time to blog about them. I just get busy living. Fortunately, because this is a hobby and not a job I'm sure you understand.

That said, since I last posted a few things have occurred. Rather than complete the draft posts I started {which I have, and generally always do} I'll just do a quick run through: 

  • I turned 25. Because it was a Tuesday, I celebrated with my friends in Nashville which was loads of fun. It was basically a day long celebration which made me appreciate, more than I realized at the time, how blessed I am to have such wonderful friends in Nashville, my home away from home.  
  • I completed my first semester of graduate school. Thats right, as of 1:30 yesterday all of my finals are in. I am now officially 25% finished. I feel like the first semester was all about transition and adjustment. 
  •  I came home despite a snow storm that tried to keep me away! I do not have to go back to Nashville until January 6 and, frankly, I don't plan to.  I get the next few weeks off to enjoy my time with Peter and the pups. It's awesome. 
  •  I completed my Christmas shopping. I would like nothing more than to share the awesome gifts I picked out for my family; however, posting them on the blog would do nothing but spoil the surprise. But know this, they are good! There is always such satisfaction in finding a perfect gift and this year, I think we've found a number of winners. 

1 comment:

  1. Okay 1st of all, I'm a terrible friend for not knowing when your b-day is! So, HAPPY (late) BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!
    2nd, CONGRATULATIONS on your completion of the 1st semester of Graduate school! I am so proud of you!!
    3rd, I can't wait to hang out with you guys after Christmas!! We have to get Silver over to your house!! How funny that will be.
    I hope you and Peter enjoy each other and have a Merry Christmas!!! MUCH LOVE from the Harpers!

    ReplyDelete