November 11, 2011

Nursery: Artwork

The final project we tackled in the nursery while my mom was here was artwork. After all, she is the artist extraordinaire! The plan was to use artwork to introduce some color into the room. In my opinion, white, black, and shades of gray only look better when supporting a pop of color.

The first piece is an abstract painting on very large canvas (100% inspired by a nursery I found online). My mom used molding paste to create some texture. She used the colors to create the much needed pop. It's unreal how the colors jump off the canvas in the gray room!
 
The second piece is much smaller and pretty simple. Way back in the day, when my mom was early in her career, she often did skies for clients in their children's rooms. I thought the sky would serve as a lovely and simple background for this quote from Prince Caspian:
The final piece of artwork is actually a print from Hatch Show Print in Nashville.  Last September, I saw a tongue in cheek print that I haven't forgotten. It says: Are you from Tennessee? Cause you're the only ten I see.  When I found out that I was pregnant I thought the print would go oh-so-well in the nursery.  A few weeks ago when we were in Nashville for a wedding, I popped into Hatch Show Print and picked it up. I bought a simple black frame which Peter sprayed gold. Then I found some appropriate fancy-pants wrapping paper to use as matting.
There are still a number of projects that need to be tackled before the baby arrives but we are certainly off to a good start!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this! That is one of my favorite Aslan convos! So glad that your mom got to come visit and help with things. It looks like you guys had a very good and productive visit!

    Steph R

    ReplyDelete
  2. so your comment led me here...I need to start doing bookmarks so I can remember to check blogs! you are so stinking cute! You look like my 12 week picture at 20 weeks! love the nursery! cannot wait to see what you're having!!;)

    ReplyDelete