January 5, 2012

Twelve Days of Christmas

This year for Christmas, rather than give Peter just one gift, which he normally picks out, I decided to surprise him with a small gift for each of the twelve days. According to the church calendar, the twelve days of Christmas begin December 25th and run through Epiphany.  The idea was not to blow Peter away with an overwhelming amount of gifts but rather treat him to small gestures or gifts each day. I had to be a bit creative to stretch my $30 budget over 11 days (the gift for Day 1 he actually did pick out thus the cost was included in our holiday budget). Here is what I came up with:
December 25, Day 1: one pair of shoes
December 26, Day 2: Catching Fire (The Second Book of the Hunger Games) by Suzanne Collins, $0*
December 27, Day 3: Mockingjay (The Third Book of the Hunger Games) by Suzanne Collins, $0*
December 28, Day 4: four Reese's Christmas trees, $2.50 for six
December 29, Day 5: a five-year memory log, $12
December 30, Day 6: six glass bottle Cokes, 80¢ on sale
December 31, Day 7: a note recalling our last seven Christmases & an ornament to celebrate our eighth, $5 on sale
January 1, Day 8: eight dress socks, $10
January 2, Day 9: nine chocolate covered pretzels, $0 (the supplies were already in our pantry)
January 3, Day 10: ten minute massage, $0
January 4, Day 11: eleven ironed garments, $0
January 5, Day 12: a list of a dozen things I'm looking forward to in 2012, $0

*I already owned the books so I just wrapped up my copies. 

3 comments: