May 23, 2012

New Design

Say hello to my new blog design! It's simple but not boring. Feminine but not girlie. Fresh. And clean. I find it to be so lovely. The new design was created by Tiffany at Beautiful Dawn Designs. If you have any questions about my experience with Beautiful Dawn Designs, feel free to send me email: parkerslaton at gmail dot com

Peter and I have talked about hiring a designer for years (literally!), but we always ended the conversation with "Well, lets see if I/you keep blogging." While my blogging may be sporadic, it appears I'm going to keep doing it. I recently found myself at the intersection of inspiration and encouragement which helped me get moving. First off, Sarah over at Moske Monkey Business was asking for blog designers for her own blog redesign. She inspired me to get thinking about my own design needs. Then came Mother's Day. Cole, with Peter's help and financing, got me a beautiful infinity necklace that I've had my eye on for ages. Unfortunately, it wasn't until I tried it on that I realized the chain was too short for my taste. With the exact gift I asked for on the way back to the jeweler, Peter asked if I'd like to hire a blog designer. After some nudging, I sought out a designer that suited my taste and fit our budget. When I looked through Beautiful Dawn Designs' portfolio, I knew I'd found my designer.

While the majority of the changes are aesthetic, I did take the opportunity to update some of my pages and add a few social media links. I hope you enjoy the new look as much as I do.

Sayonara boring, gray blog design!

1 comment: