October 19, 2012

National Aquarium in Baltimore

If you've been reading this blog for any significant length of time you know that Cole and I are regulars at the Memphis Zoo.
While I love our zoo, truth be told, I long for a nearby aquarium. Like the one in Baltimore. Or Atlanta.
When we were in Maryland my dad told us that he had two free tickets to the National Aquarium.
We had to go!


When we got to the aquarium we were surprised to learn that strollers are not allowed.
Conveniently the aquarium provides a stroller check and loaner baby carriers.
We borrowed one of the carriers.
So that worked for about twenty minutes.


As we strolled the Australia exhibit we found out our timing was fortunate. Or unfortunate. Depends on your perspective, I guess.
For twenty minutes every three weeks, you can see the snakes eating.
Wouldn't you know it? We happened upon the snake exhibit at meal time.
Watch a snake feed is now crossed off the bucket list.
(Yes, I have pictures of the feeding. No, I did not feel compelled to post them. You're welcome.)


Admission to the dolphin show was included with our tickets.
The show was no longer than 20 minutes which provided the perfect opportunity to nurse baby girl.


Cole was completely mesmerized by some of the sea creatures.
She banged on the windows and screamed with delight.
I'm not sure the other aquarium guests appreciated her enthusiasm.


Back when Aunt Lisa was in Memphis we decided we'd visit the the Georgia Aquarium next time we're in Atlanta.
I can't wait. 

2 comments:

  1. You made her miss the dolphin show so she could eat some lunch!?

    I've always wanted to go to an aquarium.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a blast! I can't believe how big she's getting. It's scary actually... slow down Cole!

    ReplyDelete