January 28, 2013

The Bug

Blah. We've been down and out in the Slaton house.
A nasty stomach bug snuck in and wrecked havoc over the weekend. It hit Cole first then me.
I'll say this, our daughter is one resilient little cookie. She was hardly phased:

 


I, on the other hand, was very phased. I hate being nauseous. I cried. And slept on the bathroom floor.
I ended up spending Sunday at the hospital getting fluids. Yuck.
We didn't want to take Cole with us to the hospital. Fortunately, we have dear friends here.
After just one phone call, my girl friend came over to babysit Cole.


The ER was packed. Before I was even taken back, Peter left to get Cole so that she could come out to nurse. 
Cole and Peter stayed about twenty minutes before the confines of the hospital became too much.
I think I'm on the mend. I wouldn't say I'm at 100% yet but I'm getting there.
Any and all prayers for a swift recovery and protection for Peter are appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh. I know how you feel. Z & I both got it last Monday night, and it was the sickest I can ever remember being. I'm glad you are feeling better now!

    ReplyDelete