March 25, 2013

Some Reading

I need to update my blogroll and Goodreads. I recently joined a Facebook group for Memphis area bloggers and now I'm following a number of blogs by local ladies. It's a lot of fun. Anyway, until I get around to that, I have some reading suggestions if you're in the mood or find yourself with a minute to spare.

  • Last week Peter and I made the very difficult decision to leave the church that we've called home for the last five years. After wrestling and praying for months, we concluded this choice was the one we had to make for our family. Over the weekend, as I considered upcoming conversations I kept thinking about this post by Emily.  I hope to have bravery in conversation, humility in listening, and gentleness to recognize that everyone is hurting.  
  • For you smartphone users out there, have you heard of #SheReadsTruth? It's been around for a bit now and it's awesome. It's a community of Christian women committed to being in the Word and encouraging one another. I just started the newest plan, Holy Week. It's a short one, but it's good. Won't you join along? No sweat if you don't have a smart phone, you can just sign in online.     

I'm not sure that a post is a post unless it has a picture so here's a few of our happy girl from over the weekend. It was cold and dreary but she wanted to be outside in her swing.  The girl know what she likes. Who knows were she gets that from?

5 comments:

  1. I love love love Jen Hatmaker!

    Have you read Love Does? I am sure you have as I am always late to the game but I'm in the middle and it's such a good and quick read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not! I'm interested now, though. I used to be a great reader but since having Cole I've fallen out of the habit. I'm making an effort...

      Delete
    2. same here. I think I have read a grand total of 3 books since Rory was born? whomp whomp whomp.

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed this post. I am not subscribing to SheReadsTruth as well :)

    ReplyDelete