March 5, 2013

The Birthday Party

We decided to have Cole's first birthday party a few weeks after her actual birthday. It was best for our families' schedules.  Cole was lucky to have a number of her Maryland and Georgia relatives come to Memphis to celebrate. A few of our local friends and their children were also in attendance.

A while ago I decided on a milk and cookies theme. It was a bit silly because I decided on the theme based on the fact that Cole still loves to nurse. The whole party was made easier by the fact that it's Girl Scout Cookie season. I bought eleven boxes of cookies for our twenty guests and they were gone in a flash! I went to Fresh Market for the flowers and ended up getting some local milk there, purely out of convenience.  It worked out though because the milk was delicious!


My sister made some labels for the cookies and milk. 
I printed them on card stock and called it a day. 


I also made a slew of banners to help make our house a bit more festive.
I just love paper crafts because they are super easy and cheap.
I found some medium size rick rack at Hobby Lobby and used that to hang some pictures from the year. 


Rather than a cookie, Cole got a birthday strawberry.
Our precious little introvert did not take to everyone looking at her and singing, but she loved her birthday strawberry!


When it came time to open gifts, Cole was excited.
She examined each of her gifts and even stockpiled some of her favorites across the room.
She and her friends had a real blast playing in the gift wrap.
You've got to love the world through toddler eyes!


At the end of the party, Cole received a special balloon delivery from her aunts and uncles who couldn't make it to Memphis.
Cole is still loving the balloons three days later.


Bigs and Scottie got Cole a doll that she's been toting around the house. 
And Grandma Kathy and Grandpa Phil got her a swing for the back porch. 
Cole was fortunate to get to hang with some of her grands and all of her cousins at the party.

6 comments:

  1. great job! Cole was very cute as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, AA. It melted my heart as soon as I saw it!

      Delete
  3. What a great party!

    I'm a new follower from the Memphis bloggers group. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Misty. And thanks for stopping by!

      Delete