May 1, 2013

Makeover!

Just about a year since my first blog redesign, I got the itch to do it again. I've heard and believe that when you buy your first house you have an idea of what you want, then within months of moving in you know exactly what you want in your second house. I think the same may be true for blog design.


While I loved my first real blog design, it was uncharted territory. Since commissioning Beautiful Dawn Designs for my first design, I've learned so much. First off, I've developed specific web design preferences. I've also learned there is a ton of coding information available online, specifically through Code It Pretty. I've also learned about the marketplace of premade blogger templates available on Etsy for a fraction of the cost of a custom design.

In the last few weeks, I've been obsessing a bit over the various templates available on Etsy. Initially I was looking for a watercolor inspired template but then I found the simple, beautiful template by Bella Lulu Ink that you see now. I couldn't get the template out of my head so I knew it was the one to go with. Working with Bella Lulu was a dream! Chelsea, the Etsy shop owner, provided thorough instructions on how to install the template and was available for questions. I'd recommend her to anyone.

Here's hoping you enjoy the new design as much as I do.

12 comments:

  1. It looks lovely!

    It definitely helps when you finally know what you want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Misty. You are soooooo right!

      Delete
  2. I love it! I've been wanting to redesign but just haven't felt up to dealing with all the coding! Yours turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Courtney! I'm telling you once I saw all of the great (and super affordable) templates available on Etsy my mind was made up. And Chelsea, from Bella Lulu Ink, can customize the the templates for a small additional fee if you wanted a unique element. I'm other other designers will do the same.

      Delete
  3. It looks wonderful! Ever since I saw your new design last year, I've been wanting to do one. I have been looking on Etsy ever since. :) I think I'm going to bite the bullet and do it this year! Thanks for the review on Etsy and on Bella Lulu! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay, I am inspired. I have been wanting to have a nice pretty blog for YEARS but the price for a custom was outrageous. You may have just convinced me to go with a pre-made one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm all about pre-made now! I did pay $10 extra to customize the colors on the template so it feels personal.

      Delete
    2. I see a place to fill in a referring e-mail address but I don't have yours :( If you happen to get this in the next 5 minutes or so, let me know what to put! You may get some sort of freebie :)

      Delete
    3. Sure! It's Parker.slaton@gmail.com. Thanks!!

      Delete
    4. Oh, I am soooo excited for your new look. I know it's going to be awesome!

      Delete