December 18, 2013

Hey, Monday!

Sunday was a weird day.

Shortly after I woke up, I walked downstairs with Ibbie in my arms and fell. Fortunatly my behind bore the brunt of the fall and Ibbie was none the wiser. Then as we loaded the car to go to the church we agreed to visit, Peter noticed a 2'6" crack in my windshield. Since the intergrity of the windshield was comprised, we decided to go to church closer to our house. The church was something of a madhouse when we entered. Oddly right before starting his sermon, the pastor asked that families with children in tow excuse themselves and watch the sermon from another room so that people could give the sermon their full attention. Frankly, any church that doesn't welcome children in the sanctuary is not going to be our church. We left early and decided to attend a night service at a church in Philadelphia.

The church in Philadephila was wonderful. But it won't be our church. You see, it's a Philly church and we're not in Philly. It would be difficult to build community an hour from where we live. So we'll press on and continue our search for a new church home locally.

I don't know that I've ever looked forward to Monday so much as I did this week.

And now, pictures of my babies:

1 comment: