August 5, 2014

Back to the Beach

Last Monday afternoon, a case of mastitis hit me like a ton of bricks. By 8 o'clock, I was at Urgent Care begging for an antibiotic. While I got the medicine, the pain, as it does, persisted for a few days. Still, my dad and I had plans to take the girls to the beach on Wednesday and Thursday. While I wasn't feeling 100%, I figured why get over my mastitis at home when I could do it at the beach. So Wednesday morning we left for Rehoboth.

We got to Rehoboth around noon which meant it was time for lunch and naps. By the time we got out of the house again it was after 3 o'clock. Cole's request was for rides and ice cream.
My grandparents hosted us for dinner Wednesday night which was a treat. I think my grandmother may have cooked everything in the house. We had tuna steaks with at least six sides. 
We finally made it to the beach Thursday morning. The girls beelined for the water and Cole kept begging to get in the ocean. After taking her in the ocean the week before, I realized I'm not yet comfortable taking Cole beyond the breakers. Despite her love of the water and eagerness to go under, she's not a swimmer. Maybe in a few more years.


I didn't take my DSLR camera with me but I had my phone and was able to steal the date-stamped pictures from my dad's camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment