February 4, 2011

Coming Sooner or Later

I learned a long time ago that decorating is a fluid process- that can be attributed 100% to my artist-decorator extraordinaire mother. When we moved into our house, the open layout challenged me a bit. With the soft, curved edges between rooms I figured the best option was to select one paint color for the main living area. Eight cans of Benjamin Moore's North Hampton Putty later the house looked fabulous. But a problem arose.

I didn't realize how dark the house is until we'd lived in it for bit. And it is very dark. Hardly anywhere gets natural light.  Over the last few years, the North Hampton Putty has gone from gorgeous to kind of dark to cave-like. It's time for a change.

After three visits to Home Depot for unbelievable amounts of paint cards, a decision has been made. Our entryway, dining room, kitchen, living room and hallway are going to be lightened with Heavy Cream.
The paint section at Home Depot always gets my mind spinning with ideas. So, in addition to the main area, our bookshelves, bedroom, and bathroom are also going to get a facelift. We're talking neutrals accented with bold colors and horizontal stripes. I'm pumped.


Now, I do have a semester to finish before I'll have time for this undertaking so it'll probably be the summer before the paint makeover is complete. But I'm so excited I had to share. For the next few months I'll just daze at the paint cards and imagine the final product. And probably come up with a few more projects and ideas. 

3 comments:

  1. Nice Parker! I dream about paint chips all the time as well... Just as soon as I think my mind is made up, it changes. Too many options for someone as indecisive as me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am right there with ya! I can't wait to paint every room in the house! It will feel like a brand new house. We'll probably start this spring. So exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving it! Painting is so fun. Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete