July 22, 2014

Vacation Bible School

Two weeks ago, we were publicly received into the congregation of our new church. As a member, I had the opportunity to help with vacation bible school. When the director asked if I would take pictures of the event, I gladly obliged. My girls were assigned preschool classes for the week but I got to peak in on them since I was snapping pictures of everything.
We all had a wonderful time! Cole came home singing new songs and telling us biblical truths. She also have a great time with her classmates and teachers. At the VBS Picnic, Cole left quite the impression by going down the big watersides.
Not only was it a great week taking pictures,  but I was able to get to know the church building and learn the names of many members and their children. Name tags sure do help!
Every morning, as we pulled into the church parking lot, Cole would announce our arrival by saying, "Here. Tiny church. Go home, big church." I took the opportunity, each day, to remind her that now our home is in Delaware and the "tiny church" is our church. As her vocabulary is expanding, more of her memories of Memphis are being revealed. What a good reminder though, that I was photographing VBS at our church. It helped me to recognize any longing I had to be at our church in Tennessee as well as remind me that we have been blessed to find our new church home.

2 comments:

  1. You take the BEST candid pictures. Seriously. I love them all! Especially the one of Cole going down the slide. I laughed so hard! You have the cutest girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I envy Cole. Sometimes I would like to be able to yell out "go home" when I see new things. Her brain is amazing.
    (Sorry if this is posting twice. I can't tell what happened here )

    ReplyDelete