November 6, 2012

Wisdom + Democracy

Thank you, Erica, for posting this:

     I met those of our society who had votes in the ensuing election, and advised them: 
        1. To vote, without fee or reward, for the person they judged most worthy    
        2. To speak no evil of the person they voted against, and
        3. To take care their spirits were not sharpened against those who voted on the other side.
                                                                                                      - John Wesley,
October 6, 1774


I voted this morning. And I took Cole. Because I can. 
As my minor child, she has the right to enter the booth with me.
Given the opportunity, I'll lead by example.  
Read up. Then go vote! And talk about it with your children. 
Even the itty bitties.

And if the fire alarm goes off as you're voting, finish up then high tail it out of the building. 
Minding the school children and elderly. 

1 comment:

  1. I brought Reese! He really wanted to touch the screen! We didn't get stickers out here in BFE though. ;)

    ReplyDelete