July 22, 2010

Family Pictures

As you may recall, over Forth of July weekend we went to South Carolina. While we spent the majority of our time on the lake, we managed to squeeze in an early morning session with my dear friend and photographer Meredith. Meredith is wildly talented! With my move to Nashville quickly approaching, I wanted some up-to-date pictures of us.

We have engagement pictures that were taken
three years ago which I do not love. When our engagement pictures arrived, there were 140 of which 3 were decent. The photographer didn't understand the style we were looking for at all. The bulk of these pictures are hidden somewhere in the depths of my hard drive; perhaps I'll let a few of the gems surface one day soon. Besides the fact that the photographer and I had different ideas of style, we look 3 years younger. The pictures were before I was teaching. Before moving to Memphis. Before our dogs. And house- even before our first and second apartments. Our life has continued beyond the pictures; they are amusing to look at but could not suffice as current. We also have wedding pictures. Gorgeous wedding pictures. But, I don't want to put too many of those up. It seems a bit weird. And again, that was practically two years ago so they aren't exactly current. With a few text messages, emails, and phone calls back and forth with Meredith the date was set. We drove from Lilburn to Easley arriving at 7:00am, in order to get the best light. {In truth, we were a bit late. And tired. We got into Lilburn late the night before and had not gone to sleep until 2:00am.} Meredith was lots of fun and dealt quite well with us. We are exceeding awkward and need abundant amounts of direction.

I was thrilled when I received 145 pictures from Meredith. I love so many of them its not worth counting! If I thought you wouldn't die from boredom, I would post them all. She selected great locations and is more talented than she gives herself credit for. If you have a family or baby in need of pictures in Upstate South Carolina, be in touch with Meredith. Her prices are more than reasonable and you
will not be disappointed!

Outfit 1: Location 1

What a pose! Did I mention we're awkward?

Fact: I've had these shoes since the 10th grade. I still love them.
Kissy Kissy Smoochy Smoochy #1Bonus points if you can spot the Casio Calculator watch in this picture.Outfit 1: Location 2
Kissy Kissy Smoochy Smoochy #2Outfit 2: Location 2

I love how you can tell we're laughing! This may be in my top 3.

What a handsome, photogenic man!
To me- this looks like us.
Kissy Kissy Smoochy Smoochy #3
Outfit 2: Location 3


What a location!

The colors! Who knew a beige wall could make everything else so crisp?
This is one of Peter's favorites. FYI: We're sitting in a cornfield.

7 comments:

  1. The last one almost made me cry! I love the pictures! And yes, the one that you said "looks like us", most certainly looks like yall! Wonderful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are GORGEOUS!!! I love love love her style! You two are very pretty! :)
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, they are all so so great. The last one made my eyes water. And, smooch shot #1 - classic. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these fotos! The last one is so sweet. And I like the one where you're laughing and can't see your heads as well as the one that you said looks like you- so true! Your photographer is very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Parker! These look great!!!! She does do great work. Miss you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love. love. love. love. love. love. love. love.
    these pictures are absolutely amazing. (probably due to the AMAZING people in them, but you know...) can't wait to see you both on Friday!)

    ReplyDelete