July 6, 2010

The Fourth

Over the weekend, we went to the lake. {Really we went to a lake, but since it is just about the only lake we go to I will continue to call it the lake}. We had a great time hanging out with friends we don't see nearly enough and playing on the water. At least I think it was playing.

Everything started out so innocently. But things changed. And I got nervous. Or anxious. Which is more severe? My anxiety was not without cause. Oh my word. Yikes.This may be too much. When all was said and done on the water, we made it back with just a few sore muscles, raw knees and elbows, and a bruise or two. I had a bruise on my back! This bruise- though nothing serious- surprised me. How could I possibly have bruised under the life jacket? We had a great time celebrating the 4th of July in South Carolina. On our drive home we discussed, yet again, how much we would love to be a few hours closer to our dear friends and family without actually moving.

Speaking of driving home, have I mentioned how much the pups love being in the car? Next to food and exercise, riding in the car is their favorite thing.

1 comment:

  1. i have had some weird bruises from lifejackets and tubing also....but it is well worth it!! looks like so much fun! and i am so jealous of G right now! :)

    ReplyDelete