June 29, 2012

Girl's Day

A couple of weeks ago Peter and his coworker Matt went to Europe on business trips. While Peter was gone for just a week, Matt had to stay for two. Erin, Matt's wife, stayed with me while her hubby was gone which was so great. Erin is a baby whisperer, not to mention all-around good company. As the days turned to weeks, we both got anxious for our husbands to return home. Last Saturday evening, Matt finally came home after two weeks away. In order to fill the day and keep Erin's mind from worrying too much, we had a girl's day. After getting spa pedicures at Elite Nails, we did lunch at Chick-fil-A, then headed to the movies. We met another friend for a showing of What to Expect When You're Expecting. It was a fitting movie choice because Erin is pregnant and the other two of us has baby girls in February (Just 8 hours apart. At the same hospital. Perhaps a story for another time). The movie was a hoot! I'm sure the fact that I had low expectations helped but I'll watch it again when it hits Redbox. While I was out with my girlfriends, Peter got to spend some quality time with Cole which was lovely after his time away.



1 comment:

  1. So much fun!! Thanks again for taking care of me for two weeks and distracting me Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete