October 29, 2012

Fake It 'Til You Make It Photography: Maternity

I own a pretty decent camera and a couple of very decent lenses. I also like to take pictures. This does not make me a photographer. But I'm willing to fake it.

When my girlfriend asked me to take some maternity pictures for her I happily accepted. I promised to take a gazillion pictures in the hopes of getting two good ones. And it worked!  After snapping 426 pictures, I managed to find a few gems.

Lucky for me, it's a photogenic family. And mama bear knew exactly what she wanted the pictures to look like. I tried to accommodate.


Yeah, yeah, this is not a maternity picture.
But this sweet four year old is just as cute as a button.
She's going to be a great big sister. 


The nursery is nothing short of amazing!
It's bright and colorful and full of playful patterns.
Basically, it belongs in magazines.


5 comments:

  1. Nice job! You should post about your camera and lens choices. We just ordered a speedlite last night! And just when I thought I was getting the hang of our camera ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that idea. Thanks, Julie. Granted- it'll be a handful of "learning as I go" posts but perhaps it'll be helpful.

      Delete
  2. Parker, you have completely out done yourself. I honestly don't know what to say. Absolutely unbelievable! And you couldn't have a better subject!! The next time I need someone to take pictures of me or my family I am definitely going to ask you to do it!
    Absolutely amazing, Parker!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Done and done. Just name the time. Need Christmas card pics? I figure the only way I'll get better is to practice (and maybe take a class).

      Delete
  3. you did great! I love the nursery shots :)

    ReplyDelete