December 7, 2011

Potluck Season

As December presses on and Christmas approaches ever more rapidly, I find myself in the midst of Potluck Season. This week alone, I will attend three potluck events each with a different theme.  When I consider what dish to take to a potluck I assess general likeability, time to make, ease of transport, serving temperature, and cost of ingredients.  I have found a few fail-safe recipes that are sure to please. Each time I've made these one of these dishes, I've left with an empty dish and requests for the recipe – I'd say that constitutes a potluck "win."

For the Brunch Potluck: Monkey Bread or Glazed Doughnut Muffins
For the Tailgate Potluck: Buffalo Chicken Dip , Tailgate Toasts, or Hot JalapeƱo Popper Dip
For the Fiesta Potluck: Chicken & Cheese Taquitos
For the "Letter S" Potluck: [Butternut]Squash & Sage Soup or Spaghetti with Sausage
For the Dinner Potluck: Buttered Rosemary Rolls or Greek Salad Quinoa (I add cucumber)
For the Dessert Potluck: Oh Baby! Bars, Brownies, Buckeyes, or Sweet Pumpkin Dip

Picture from Wedding-zine.com

No comments:

Post a Comment